Frequently asked questions pertaining to the Records and Permits Divisions.
1. How much does a report cost?
2. Do you do person background checks?
We do not perform personal background checks for the public
3. What method of payment do you except?
We except cash, money orders/cashiers check or business checks. We DO NOT except personal
checks or credit cards
4. Can you release any information off the report over the phone?
No, we cannot release any information over the phone
5. What if I need a correction made to my report?
You will need to speak with the reporting officer to have your report changed
6. How long does it take for my report to be available to me?
We allow 3-5 business days from the day you made the report for it to be available to you
7. How can I get a copy of my report? Or Can you fax/Email me my report?
We cannot fax or email a report to you. You can come to the police department to pick up a copy
of a report or you can mail in a letter requesting the case number, $5.00 and self addressed and
stamped envelope. We will mail it back to you within 2 days of receiving the request.
1. How much does my permit cost?
Alcohol - $50.00 Total
Taxi - $150.00 Total
Petroleum - $100.00
2. How long is the turn around to get my ID card?
Approximately 3 – 5 business days for all ID cards
3. What are your hours of operation?
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday / closed from 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. for lunch
New applications and taxi inspections cut off is at 3:00 p.m.
4. Why am I being fingerprinted?
It part of the background check, to have your fingerprints on file
5. Where do you come up with your rules for issuing ID cards?
We follow the rules from our City Ordinance