Prior to becoming a police officer, a number of requirements must be met. These include a High School diploma and being over the age of 21.
- Must be a US Citizen (POST requirement)
- High School diploma (or GED equivalent)
- Must possess a valid Georgia Class C Driver's License
- Must be 21 years of age
- No felony convictions during your lifetime
- No termination for cause from a local, state, or national civil service organization
- If certified, must maintain a valid POST Certification with required 20 hours of training
- No discharge from any military organization less than honorable
The above requirements are not all-inclusive.